How are you all??
I am all good and super excited to tell you that recently I visited the Kashmir Valley to explore its scenic beauty and its food. I visited here with my family and it was a five days trip. Ranging from the serene pilgrimage sites in Jammu to the adventure sports in the Kashmir & Ladakh, the state caters to a broad set of interests, making it perfect vacation spot.
So, if you guys are also planning a trip to the Kashmir so this is what you need to read. Today, in my blog am gonna share with you the PACKING LIST FOR KASHMIR. Let us dig it out!!
IF TRAVELING IN SUMMER
If you are planning to travel to Kashmir in the Summer season (APRIL, MAY, JUNE) then below are the some must have things in your travel bag. Have a look:
1) Umbrella or Raincoat (Whatever you feel comfortable with): Weather suddenly changes in Kashmir so it’s better to carry a umbrella or raincoat with you to save yourself from unexpected rain.
2) Boots for Trekking: If you have planned to visit Pehalgam, Gulmarg, Sonogram then boots are must.
3) Full sleeves shirt/tops, trekking pants: Temperature varies in Kashmir. It’s usually colder in the evening time it’s better you keep full sleeves dresses with you.
4) Woolen clothes like jacket, shrugs, woolen cap, muffler, socks: These are the must in case if there’s a sudden temperature drop.
5) Moisturizers, sunscreen, lip-balm: I would suggest to keep the moisturizer with you so that your skin and lips may not feel dry.
6) Trekking bag: Same is the case with the the trekking bag here. If you have planned to visit higher areas like Gulmarg, Pehalgam then do carry trekking pants with you so that you can keep yourself comfortable during your journey.
IF TRAVELING IN WINTER
Now, let’s talk about the scenario if you are planning to travel in a winter season say October, November & December. Below is the list of some Must have’s :
1) Winter clothes like Thermals,Jackets, Sweaters, Winter Cap etc: In winters temperature in Kashmir may drop to -20 degree Celsius and you may feel extreme cold if there is a snow occurring in addition. So, Thermals and jackets are a must! 2) Snow and Trekking Boots: Whether you are traveling in summer or it’s a winter time, you need to carry the boots so that your can keep your feet relaxed in duration of your journey.
3) Ear Muffs: Ear muffs will protect you from the extreme cold winds blowing their. Especially at the higher areas like Sonmarg.
4) Gloves: Same is the case with Gloves. If you want your hands to feel bit cosy in the extreme cold weather then do carry a pair of gloves.
So, these were some MUST HAVE’S for your bag pack while traveling to Jammu & Kashmir. But, wait a second list is not over yet! There are some more mandatory things to keep with you in your bag, doesn’t matter in which season you are traveling.
Just checkout the below given list:
1) Cash (Obviously a Must!)
2) Postpaid Sim Card
3) Some snacks
6) Camera (Of-course)
7) Identity Proof
8) Ethnic wear for Pilgrimage sites
9) Tourist Reception Center no : 094691, 64345
So, Now I am done with my PACKING LIST OF JAMMU & KASHMIR! And, what are you waiting for? Just pack your bags and rush 🙂
Hope you would find this article useful!
Bbye for now! See you soon with new blog post.